Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Conley's 9 Months and Grayson's a Klepto

Conley had his 9 month checkup yesterday. All's well...he's a healthy baby boy. He's now 27.8" long (50th %) and 16 lb 10 oz (3-5%). His weight is now tracking on the lower curve, but he is gaining, so Dr. Nail wasn't worried at all. Of course, the entire time we were in the office with Dr. Nail Conley was squirming non-stop. Dr Nail's response was, "that's why he's so little...he's burning off everything you put in his belly", and duly noted that I am going to have "my hands full" with him. No doubt! I am trying to prepare myself.

Later in the day, we had to stop in at Kroger to pick up a few grocery items. Since we weren't going to be there long, I decided it might be fun for Grayson to push one of the little kid buggies. I soon reconsidered the wiseness of my choice. At first, he did pretty well. But as we continued through the store, random items started to appear in the cart, so I would have to back track to return the items to their proper place. Then Grayson thought it would be fun to "race" with the cart and was running full speed up and down the aisles with the buggy, not really caring if he ran into something along the way, including the back of my legs, or worse, my Achilles. Ahhhh! I was a nervous wreck! He did actually run into the back of this big guy. I had to apologize profusely. I think it will be a while before we try the little kid buggy again. On top of all that, while unloading the groceries back at home, I found a chapstick package that "found it's way" into our stuff. Grayson must have put it in the buggy when I was grabbing some cough drops. I checked our receipt and we weren't charged for it...how it got past the checker I have no idea. Geez...meet my son, the kleptomaniac!

No comments: