Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gag me with a spoon, why don't you?!

My sweet little Conley has started having an adverse reaction to everything I try to feed him with the exception of anything that is fruity and sweet. We're trying to work our way through the Stage 2 foods, and slowly but surely his reaction to the new foods has progressed to the point of him gagging whenever I put a spoonful in his mouth. And I'm not talking about just a one little gag, but full-on gagging with coughing, heaving, and teary eyes. Today, he made himself throw up all of the formula he had just taken in, which ended up all in his lap - gross! Just this week at Conley's checkup, Dr. Nail was saying, "don't back yourself into a corner with the foods to where he'll only eat one thing". And whaddya know? So, I've now become the "Fruit Nazi "and we're going back to veggies and non-fruit mixes, one tiny bite at a time. He did eat some turkey and rice yesterday, so that's a good start, but man! You should see this kid gag himself - it's amazing! *LOL*

Also this week, Conley has started to really pull himself up on everything, including the side of his crib. Now when he wakes up in the morning, he grabs on to the crib and hikes himself up and then starts to cry when he's been there for a while and can't figure out how to get himself back down. Gone are the days when he would just lay on his back or tummy and hang out in his crib. Last night, about 15 minutes after I had put him to bed, we heard him crying on the monitor and I went up to check on him. I couldn't see because my eyes hadn't adjusted to the dark yet and I didn't want to turn on the lights, so I was feeling around the crib for Conley and found him sitting straight up! It was too funny...he was upset because he couldn't figure out how to lay back down again.

No comments: