Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ok, Seriously...Are you Kidding Me?

Today was not a good day in the potty training department...We had our playgroup at the park this morning and Grayson is still going commando down below, so I had him in just a pair of loose shorts and nothing else. He peed before we left and when we got to the park, I reminded him several times that if he needed to go potty, then he needed to let me know. Well, about a 1/2 hour into the playdate, I see Grayson come running towards me and his pants look all wet. Ugh. But no big deal. Mommy brought an extra pair of shorts just for this occasion. So, I get him cleaned up, we go back to play, we have some lunch, and then we play again. I am walking around with Conley when I hear our neighbor, Melanie, say "Bonita, we've got some poop". Are you KIDDING me? Arrrrrrrrgh! I looked up at Grayson who was up on this bridge and I asked him why he didn't tell me that he needed to go, and of course his answers never really make sense. He said, "Because I needed to go poop". Well, duh! And I know that they say you shouldn't get mad at kids when they're potty training, but it's so frustrating! So, I was yelling at him to come down the stairs so that we could get him cleaned up, while at the same time informing him that we would have to leave since we had no more clean pants. Queue the tears and the tantrum. He had skid-marks running down his legs from the poop and some inside his pants, and once I got him cleaned up I had to go back up on the play equipment and pick up the load that he had dropped. Gross!

On the bright-side of things today, Conley started saying "momma" and meaning it! Finally!!

No comments: