Thursday, November 6, 2008

Once Bitten

When I went to pick Grayson up from school today, Miss Tonya, one of Grayson's teachers, whispered to me that she needed to speak with me. We went inside the classroom while Grayson was getting his diaper changed and Miss Tonya proceeded to tell me that Grayson was bitten by one of his classmates today. She said that it wasn't serious, or they would have called me, but that they had to file an "incident" report. Per the school's policy, Miss Tonya wasn't able to tell me who bit Grayson, but she told me that if Iasked Grayson, he would tell me who did it. Surprisingly, I wasn't too worried about it. Is that weird? I know some moms that would be like a pit bull unleashed if that had happened to their kid. I felt that one, it wasn't serious, and two, these kids are little and still learning and it's bound to happen. It is unfortunate that it happened to Grayson....my sweet little boy is more sensitive than most and from my last post, you know that he cries about almost everything these days. So after my discussion with Miss Tonya, we left and were walking out to the car and Ranger and his mom came up to us. She told me that Ranger had just told her that he had bit Grayson...the same Ranger whose birthday party we just went to yesterday. She was very apologetic and explained that Ranger was going through some sort of phase right now with the biting. Apparently he's bitten his baby sister twice already. I told her not to worry about it and that Grayson was fine. But, you can bet that if he continues to bite and bites only Grayson and not anyone else, the pit bull momma will be coming out!!

No comments: